Monday, December 22

Chocolate Truffle Cake

1 chocolate cake mix
1 (6-oz.) instant chocolate pudding mix
5 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cube of butter, melted
2 cups sour cream
2 cups chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 350. Combine cake and pudding mix in a large bowl. Create a well in the center of the bowl and dump sour cream, melted butter (not too hot), and eggs into the well. Using a large spoon, stir all ingredients together. The batter will be very thick. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. Spoon the batter into a well-greased Bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Once it is done baking, let it cool for 10 minutes and then flip it out of the pan and onto a serving plate.

** I think that this cake tastes even better the second day. It's wonderful alone, but is also good served with one or more of the following: whipping cream, berries, hot caramel sauce, ice cream, etc. I've added crushed Andes mints in place of the chocolate chips and that was yummy. I've baked this cake in a 9"x13" dish and that worked great, too. Enjoy! **

No comments: