I tried out this recipe when I had my parents in-law, sister-in-law, and grandparents-in-law over for a chili dinner this weekend and it was a hit! Everyone went back for seconds or thirds of the cornbread. - And I was super impressed that even the next day -- and 3 days later -- it was still moist and perfect.
So here you are.
My Favorite Cornbread
1/2 c. cornmeal
1 1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1 Tb. baking powder
Mix dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny, but don’t be alarmed!). Bake in an 8″ square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9×13-inch pan.
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. oil
3 Tb. butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c. milk
Mix dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny, but don’t be alarmed!). Bake in an 8″ square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9×13-inch pan.
No comments:
Post a Comment