Thursday, November 20

A little about this blog . . .

This blogspot address, thymes and seasons, came from the title of a cookbook that I helped create in my AF ward. We created the book in 2005 as we celebrated the 175th anniversary of the Resoration of the Church and in commemoration of the 200th birthday of the prophet, Joseph Smith. In Nauvoo, Illinois, the Times and Seasons was the periodical newspaper of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We titled our cookbook, our Thymes and Seasons, as a reflection of the great heritage that we enjoy. This blogspot is the thymes and seasons, as well, since it was the 8th address that I tried that was available =).

I welcome any ideas that you may have on the blog title and subtitle. I would just love to have something catchy, but my brain isn't thinking creatively right now.

Also, I am not loving this plain background =). I found one that I really like on Allie Brown's website, but I can't seem to get it to work. If you know how to do this HTML stuff, will you please help me through it OR if any of you want to busy yourself with this project, I'd appreciate it. I like the 'chicky' background and header for our little kitchen blog. Of course, I'm not stuck on the 'chicky' idea. Feel free to play around with the backgrounds once you log on.

4 comments:

Sara : Confetti Sunshine said...

This looks awesome! I'm so excited about it :D... but I don't have authorization to mess with the layout.. But i'm more than willing and have learned quiet a bit about html. Do you want to send me the blog kit you are wanting and i'll make you up the html to pop in? it'd be super simple..

Amber said...

I am glad you did it! It will be fun to "cook" with you all =)!

Rachel Chick said...

Hooray! I'm sure that I could help you with the layout, but Sara will definitely do a better job / it will be much easier for her! :) You will have to just allow her access to the settings. I'm glad that you set this up and I can enjoy everyone's creations! This will be fun and I'm SO excited to try out some of these Thai recipes! Yum Yum!

Alyson and Jacob said...

My name is Alyson Grant.I know you don't know me, but we have a mutual friend. I was looking at her blog list and found your cooking blog. I love to cook and have my own cooking blog. I hope you don't mind but I am adding you to my cooking blog list. Your recipes look great! Thanks!