Tuesday, January 13

Got Soup?

So, this past few days.. Jake and I have had a nasty cold. This just helped us warm right up!

LLOYD CLAM CHOWDER

(I also found... it wouldn't hurt to add more potatoes, celery and onion.... it makes soup for 8....)

1 Cup diced onion
1 Cup cut up Celery
2 Cups sliced potatoes (I leave the skins on, but you can peel before if you'd perfer)
3/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Flour
1 Quart Half and Half
1 1/2 tea salt
pepper to taste
2 T Red Wine Vinegar
3 Cans of Clams

Open the can of Clams, and drain juice from Clams into a large pot. Add vegetables. Then add enough water to cover the vegetables. On medium heat, cook until vegetables are soft. Normally about 15 minutes. (option: I also add a tea of salt to give the vegetables some flavor while they cook.)

In another pan, melt 3/4 cup butter. After the butter is melted add Flour. When flour is mixed in well, add the quart of half and half. Wisk until thickens. Normally this takes the same amount of time as the vegetables take to cook.

Once cream sauce has thickened, and vegetables are cooked, add the cream sauce to the undrained vegetables. Add 2 T Red Wine Vinegar, and 3 cans of the drained clams. Heat on low for another few minutes.

Jake and I love the dipping bread bowls that you can buy at Smiths. Less dishes, and very tasty! They are really cheap, and very good! I need to find a recipe somewhere so I can just make them on my own!

No comments: